Thursday, July 14, 2011

release the kraken!



Summertime is the best time to discover new cocktails and enjoy sipping on old faves. Pictured above top is the wonderfully named drink, The Kraken, from local Charlotte restaurant Halcyon. It is an ice-cold dirty martini with a dash of squid ink. I have to admit that I wasn't brave enough to order it myself, but I had a sip of my friend's and it was quite tasty. The other drink pictured is a classic pink greyhound – grapefruit juice and vodka – with a juicy orange slice. Those were whipped up and enjoyed by me and my mom on a recent seaside visit to Fripp Island, SC. So yummy!

{Photos by beth perry DESIGN}

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
All original work and photos are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.