Tuesday, April 14, 2009

fresh stack of good reads


So, I went a little wild at amazon the other day and rescued some items from the forgotten masses in my saved-items-to-buy-later list. (As one who is obsessed with books, I've put lots of things in there, some of which have been on the list for years. And, I keep finding new and tempting books to add, pushing the rest of my finds to the way bottom of the list, where they tend to sit for months before I rediscover them.) Well, the three latest treasures are Over and Over: A Catalog of Hand-Drawn Patterns and Hand Job: A Catalog of Type, both by the fantastic Mike Perry, and domino: The Book of Decorating, by former domino magazine editors Deborah Needleman, Sara Ruffin Costello and Dara Caponigro. It made me sad to think this is the last piece of the magazine still available, but the contents were so fantastic that I got distracted. Images from top: the fresh stack of books; Maja Sten's gorgeous patterns in a spread from Over and Over; Adam Garcia's "Calligraphic title sketches" and a page spread of colorful work by Human Empire from Hand Job; and the front of my most favorite section in the domino book - all about home office design. One of these days, I swear, I will finally finish my own office makeover. This might be just the ammunition I need.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

who is the illustrator of the domino book? looks so beatiful!

 
Creative Commons License
All original work and photos are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.